The Practitioner Licentiate Course Online gives you all the knowledge, skills and training you need to receive a Licentiate in Homeopathy and become a professional homeopath, without having to travel to the UK.
Every month you will receive access to courses lectures which you attend online and also a monthly webinar tutorial where you have access to one of our tutors. You will join a community of people just like you on our online class as you embark on a new exciting journey as a class to become a qualified homeopath.
You’ll boost your knowledge and understanding of homeopathy whilst gaining all the skills, training and education you need to become a practising homeopath.
You’ll study homeopathic philosophy and develop an understanding of the different approach to healing that homeopathy represents. You’ll also study the basics of human anatomy and physiology to enable a full understanding of the conditions that affect the individual, and how homeopathy works to counteract them.
Your fellow online students and our CHE staff will offer you continued motivation and encouragement throughout the course, supporting your learning and creating an empowering learning environment.
You’ll also start working with real patients during your second year, allowing you to put your training into practice.
During your third year will you’ll begin to build your own practice whilst under supervision. By the time you’ve finished your fourth and final year you’ll have everything you need to begin your journey as a qualified homeopath.
Course Structure & Syllabus
Detailed information on each module can be found below.
Online Course Dates 2020/2021
|September 2020||19th & 20th|
|October 2020||17th & 18th|
|November 2020||14th & 15th|
|December 2020||12th & 13th|
|January 2021||16th & 17th|
|February 2021||13th & 14th|
|March 2021||13th & 14th|
|April 2021||17th & 18th|
|May 2021||22nd & 23rd|
|June 2021||26th & 27th|
|END OF TERM|
First Year Syllabus
In your first year you’ll gain a vital foundation in homeopathic principles and philosophies and begin to study the medical sciences, case-taking and practitioner development. Core to the syllabus is the Materia Medica, a collected body of knowledge on the homeopathic uses of hundreds of plants and natural substances.
The emphasis during this year is on inspirational learning and a really enjoyable introduction to the course.
Module: Homeopathic Philosophy
You’ll explore the history of homeopathy – from Hahnemann to the present day – and study the philosophy behind it. You’ll also be introduced to the repertory (the homeopath’s index to the symptoms of diseases and their remedies) and begin to learn about case-taking skills.
- History of Homeopathy
- Samuel Hahnemann
- Concept of Health & Disease
- Law of Similars
- The Vital Force
- Direction of Cure
- The Organon
- Concept of Suppression
- Introduction to the Repertory
- Classical Homeopathy
- Case Taking Skills
- Case Analysis
- Miasmatic Theory
- Study Skills
Module: Anatomy and Physiology I
Learn all about the body, its organs and its systems, from cells and tissues to the immune and digestive systems and begin to integrate your understanding of homeopathy with a thorough understanding of the human body and how it works.
- Introduction to anatomy, physiology and pathology. Orientation of the human body and homeostasis.
- Language of anatomy and levels of structural organisation within the body.
- Cells and tissues.
- The anatomy and physiology of the Musculoskeletal system
- The anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system.
Module: Materia Medica I
In this module you’ll delve into the Materia Medica, the body of collected knowledge on the origin and properties of the substances used in homeopathy and key to your future professional practice. You will learn about the main polychrest remedies as well as acute remedies that are common in practice.
- Introduction to Remedy Personalities and Signatures
- Acute and First Aid Remedies
- In depth study of 10 Polycrest remedies & 15 Acute remedies
- Cell Salts
- Pharmacy and Remedy making
- Acute and Chronic Prescribing
- Keynotes, Modalities and Aetiology
- Remedy Provings
Second Year Syllabus
Your second year will introduce you to integrated homeopathy, our specialist approach to the subject and a blend of both classical and practical homeopathy. Our method includes includes new approaches, clinical skills and the specialised treatment of specific diseases.
Each year on from here you’ll expand and develop your knowledge in these areas, leading to an in-depth understanding of both classical and practical modern approaches to homeopathy.
You’ll also start your clinical training, observing patients and starting case analysis, progressing from the classroom into the clinical setting at our low-cost student clinic based at Neal’s Yard,Covent Garden, central London.
Module: Materia Medica I
In this module you’ll continue from year one and delve into the Materia Medica, the body of collected knowledge on the origin and properties of the substances used in homeopathy and key to your future professional practice.You will contine to learn polychrest remedies as well as remedies specific to particular condtions.
- In depth study of 1o Polycrest remedies & 15 Acute remedies
- Remedy relationships-Acute and Chronic
- Miasmatic prescribing
- Keynotes, Modalities and Aetiology
- Therapeutic remedies for common disease patternS
Module: Clinical Skills and Casework
Through study of methodologies, prescription, case analysis and case taking techniques, along with self-reflection and communication exercises you’ll start to build the practical skills you need to become a professional homeopath.
- Psychological examination of Materia Medica
- Case analysis and case taking techniques
- Remedy differentiation and comparison
- Repertory work and analysis
- Developing rapport and communication skills
- Layers method
- Miasmatic theory
- Remedy reaction and second prescription
Module: Anatomy and Physiology II
Continue your journey of understanding the body through extensive study of the anatomy, physiology and pathology of the GI ,Liver and Biliary System, Male and Female reproductive systems, alongside learning about the remedies associated with the A&P being taught.
- The anatomy and physiology of the digestive system, introduction to the common pathologies of the digestive system.
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology of the Liver and Biliary System
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology of the female reproductive system
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology of the male reproductive system
Module: Clinical Training I
Here you’ll begin to build the foundations for your future as a homeopathic practitioner, developing case-taking and self-reflection skills, critically analysing real cases, and learning all about the clinical environment, its ethics and its protocols.
- Induction to clinic environment and protocols
- Code of ethics
- Developing case taking and observation skills
- Clinical casework analysis
- Self-reflective practice
Third Year Syllabus
You’ll be building on your knowledge base in your third year. You’ll learn about new styles of prescribing, get to understand energy systems, homeopathic Mother Tinctures and a vast range of therapeutic remedies, while still keeping a firm grasp of homeopathic philosophy.
You will start seeing your own patients and undertaking case analysis. You’ll also begin supervision with an external supervisor who’ll be an additional learning support as you begin to build your homeopathic practice.
Clinical Training I
In this year you become an active case taker with you own cases. You continue to learn about homeopathic practice by learning about remedy selection, case analysis and methodology differentiation as well as how to write prescriptions.
- Methodology differentiation
- Active case taking
- Remedy analysis and selection
- Advanced casework
- Working and relating to clients
- Critical analysis of casework
Module: Materia Medica II
In this fascinating module you’ll expand your knowledge of the Materia Medica, building on everything learnt in year one and two. You’ll study advanced methodology and therapeutic remedies for particular groups of ailments, such as children’s complaints, psychological illnesses and allergies. You will learn the remedy groups such as the Metals and the Snakes and their application in practice.
- Psychological Materia Medica:- Depression, anxiety, grief, hysteria and fear
- Analysis of major and minor remedies
- Remedy differentiation
- Therapeutic remedies for menopause, migraines, allergies, hay fever
- Children’s complaints:- Hyper-activity, delayed development, eczema
- Miasmatic remedies and nosodes
- Remedy groups:- snakes, spiders, metals and minerals
- Organ drainage/mother tinctures
- Advanced methodology
Module: Research Methods
This module will provide you with the tools and skills necessary to understand and apply different research methods and techniques. You’ll also ground the theoretical knowledge you’ve gained throughout the course by exploring the current evidence base for homeopathy.
- Accessing research literature
- Critical reading skills
- Research paradigms and perspectives
- Understanding statistics in research papers
- Qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Audit and evaluation
- Ethical issues in research
- Current evidence base for homeopathy
Module: Anatomy and Physiology III
Extend your knowledge of the body and medical sciences through study of the cardiovascular, nervous and endocrine systems and gain a thorough understanding of heart and circulation pathology.
- Pathology of cardiovascular system
- The Nervous System
- The Endocrine System
- Heart & Circulation Pathology
Fourth Year Syllabus
In your final year you’ll focus on gaining all the tools necessary for professional practice. These include advanced clinical skills, supervision, complex casework, case management, expanded Materia Medica and evolving reflective practice.
Business skills and practice management will also be a highlight of your fourth year.
Module: Anatomy and Physiology III
Consolidate your anatomy and physiology knowledge through study of the skin, infectious diseases, oncology and immune system dysfunctions.
- Infectious diseases and sexually transmitted infections
- Anatomy, physiology and pathology of the skin
- Immune system dysfunction (allergies, auto-immune, immunodeficiency and cancer)
- Special Senses
Module: Advanced Materia Medica and Treatment Management
Through this module your knowledge of the Materia Medica and your ability to analyse symptoms and identify treatments will reach new levels as you study complex cases and advanced methodologies. You’ll be equipped with the skills you need to move from student to practising homeopath.
- Advanced methodologies:- Sankaran, Scholten
- Sarcodes and tautopathic remedies
- Research into new remedies and provings
- Advanced therapeutic remedies
- Critical appraisal of Materia Medica
- Comparative Materia Medica for complex health disorders
- Reflective practice and patient management
- Advanced case analysis
- Reflection and critical analysis of remedy reaction
- Drug withdrawal techniques
- Chinese Medicine
- Designing treatment approaches for complex cases and advanced pathology
Module: Clinical Training II
In your final module on clinical training you’ll build on your learning from year three, gaining advanced interview and case taking skills, patient management skills and learning everything you need to build and grow your own practice. You will contine taking cases and building your practice with you own patients.
- Complex prescribing
- Heavy drug pathology
- Advanced interview and case taking skills
- Evaluation and refection of prescriptions
- Use of appropriate methodologies
- Case analysis with critical review
- Patient management
- Business plan and skills
- Practice building and managing a small business
- Transference and boundary issues
- Self-reflection and supervision
- Continuing professional development
You will receive an assessment calendar at the beginning of the course which will online the assessments for the year ahead with handout and submission dates. Assessments are usually once a month and have to be submitted electronically. You need to pass all modules to be able to go into the next year.
Once you have successfully completed the part-time Licentiate course you will be awarded with the professional homeopathic practitioner qualification – the Licentiate of the Centre for Homeopathic Education (LCHE).
This qualification demonstrates that you have attained the necessary academic and practical skills to be a homeopathic practitioner and enables you to begin your own homeopathy practice.
You’ll also be able to register with one of the professional registering organisations as such as the Alliance of Registered Homeopaths and the Homeopathic Medical Association – professional organisations which recognise UK homeopathy courses.
Fees and Funding
We believe that cost shouldn’t be a barrier for you to gain professional homeopathy training, which is why there are different ways for you to finance the cost of this course. You can find all the information on fees and finance by contacting the office at the email [email protected]
People of all ages and backgrounds are welcome to apply for the part-time Practitioner course. Our current students have a variety of qualifications, some already have a degree, some are practitioners in other fields and others have started out with no formal qualifications.
What they all have in common is a passion for helping others and the motivation to become a practising homeopath. As long as you share the same passion, motivation and are over 18 we welcome your application.
No matter what background you come to us with, we’ll provide you with ample support on your journey to become a licensed homeopath.
This is a popular course with only 25 places available, so we encourage you to apply as early as possible to improve your chances of securing your place.
How To Apply
At CHE, there are numerous courses for you to choose from. Once you've chosen the course that best suits your goals and timetable, click the button below to apply.
If you are not sure which course to apply for then contact us and we can discuss it with you.